Terrific Kids 2015
Kiwanis Program Promotes Citizenship
Spartanburg and Boiling Springs Kiwanis clubs honored Spartanburg County students for good character and citizenship at the 26th annual Terrific Kids of the Year Luncheon in April. Wofford Football Coach Mike Ayers was keynote speaker.
In his remarks, Coach Ayers encouraged the students to continue to make good life choices and encouraged parents to challenge them to work hard.
The eight District Two Terrific Kids of the Year were accompanied by family members, guidance counselors, and principals. The Kiwanis presented them with a Terrific Kids plaque and a T-shirt. These students, representing this year's Terrific Kids at all of our elementary schools, are pictured with their principals and Superintendent Scott Mercer:
- Megan Brewington, Boiling Springs Elementary
- Tre McManus, Boiling Springs Intermediate
- Eli Henderson, Carlisle-Foster's Grove Elementary
- Christopher Montigue, Chesnee Elementary
- Luke Hollifield, Cooley Springs-Fingerville Elementary
- Alejandro Garcia, Hendrix Elementary
- Reagan Westmoreland, Mayo Elementary
- Keturah Eve Meadows, Oakland Elementary
Terrific Kids promotes leadership through character development, self-esteem, and perseverance. With teacher assistance, students establish goals to improve behavior, peer relationships, attendance, schoolwork, etc. during a specific time period. The Terrific Kids program provides teachers with a tool to reward students for special achievements that may otherwise go unnoticed.